Sunday, October 21, 2007

Well-Intentioned Pause

I used to run myself ragged, starting my day at 5:00 am, staring at the computer, and finally dragging home by 9:00 pm after a long day of teaching and clients. I filled my days helping others find their way to brilliance and trying to raise my own levels of essential intelligence through bodywork and exercise. But by the time I stumbled through the door I was too tired to talk or eat. I longed for personal time and time to share with my partner Jim.

So I took back my time, vowing not to forget the benefits of a well-intentioned pause. My new schedule, enhanced by strategic pauses throughout the day, allows me to come home ready to enjoy my partner and our evening together. Such time is like a mini-vacation. I’m convinced I even accomplish more with less aggravation.


Whether you decide to take a six-month sabbatical or just expand your lunch period to a full hour, you are acknowledging the body’s need for rest and rejuvenation. Go ahead, make your escape. Or as a woman in a bath-soap advertisement said as she sank into the tub, eagerly anticipating the bliss of a bubble bath, “Calgon, take me away.”




Love your way,

Alan Davidson, founder of
http://www.throughyourbody.com/
and author of Body Brilliance:
Mastering Your Five Vital
Intelligences (IQs)’

http://bodybrilliancebook.com/bbb_movie/

Watch the Body Brilliance Movie

Dedicated to our healthy, happy, and prosperous world through the full enlightenment of every human being.

Through Your Body
1103 Peveto St.
Houston, TX 77019
713-942-0923

No comments: