The foundation of any body mind spirit program is the BODY. Nurturing our bodies is essential for the energy needed to thrive and to peak our Five Vital Intelligences: physical, (body) emotional IQ (heart), mental IQ (mind), moral IQ (choice), and spiritual IQ (spirit). Mastering our physical IQ, through our bodies, generates tremendous energy, which we can then channel to fulfilling the promise of our body mind spirit practice. Alan Davidson
A Report of the Surgeon General
This report brings together, for the first time, what has been learned about physical activity and health from decades of research. Among its major findings:
· People who are usually inactive can improve their health and well-being by becoming even moderately active on a regular basis.
· Physical activity need not be strenuous to achieve health benefits.
· Greater health benefits can be achieved by increasing the amount (duration, frequency, or intensity) of physical activity.
THE BENEFITS OF REGULAR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY…
THE BENEFITS OF REGULAR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
- Regular physical activity that is performed on most days of the week reduces the risk of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death in the United States.
- Regular physical activity improves health in the following ways:
- Reduces the risk of dying prematurely.
- Reduces the risk of dying from heart disease.
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
- Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure.
- Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Helps control weight.
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
- Helps older adults become stronger and better able to move about without falling.
- Promotes psychological well-being.
- Promotes Body Mind Spirit Integration
To read more...
_ _ _ _ _ _
Love your way, ad
Alan Davidson, founder of
and author of Body Brilliance:
Mastering Your Five Vital
Watch the Body Brilliance Movie
Dedicated to our healthy, happy, and prosperous world through the full enlightenment of every human being.
1103 Peveto St.
Houston, TX 77019